Saturday 7 January 2012

My Best Life - Day 5

So what was great about today? Well for the first time since I can remember I had a whole entire day without any commitments. Amazing. I decided to have some really good coffee, and work on a little project that I am doing. Didn't have to look at the clock once and decided to have a second cup. Slowing down is hard for me so this was really relaxing but still productive.

After I took this picture I realized how long my hair is getting as well, double win! :)

Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. I just went through and read all your Blog posts in this project! Fun read and GREAT idea!

    This one reminded me of a great song I sing to my kids often as we're playing Lego or drawing: "Let Time Go Lightly" by Harry Chapin.

    Part of the chorus is "I keep a watch on time when I've got work to do, but I let time go lightly with you."

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gvhkr3v8iU

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I love the internet. Back in the day you would have to try and sing this and see if I knew what you meant! Great lyrics.

    Thanks :) I am enjoying it so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had that last weekend and it was super hard to calm down and enjoy it, I kept going between enjoying my couch and thinking how great everything is, to manic cleaning and trying to make sure I still accomplished something. In the end buying cheese strings, drinking chocolate milk and starting a 30 rock marathon was the key to settling down lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad I am not the only person that finds it hard to sit still for a while. I always think it is going to be so great to have no plans and relax and then 20 minutes in I am bored.

    ReplyDelete